- Was prescribed one of the following in the last 7yrs
- Suffered from addiction as a result of taking the medication
- Addiction led to one of the following injuries
- Addiction treatment programs
- Arrests, prosecutions or incarcerations
- Loss of job or wages
- Other injury occurring while on the drug
- No legal representation
Opioids Background Information
Attorney Generals from several states have initiated investigations or filed suit against manufacturers and distributors. In one example, the state of West Virginia saw more than 780 million opioid pills distributed to 1.8 million people between 2007 and 2012. The number of abusers, overdoses, and deaths has more than quintupled over the past decade.
August 11, 2017
President Donald Trump declares opioid crisis a National Emergency
Perdue is said to be negotiating a global settlement with attorneys general from several states regarding relief for states and municipalities but not individual claimants.
McKesson Corp, Cardinal Health and AmerisourceBergen Drug Co.
Endo, Janssen, Actavis, Teva, Perdue, and Mallinckrodt
OxyContin, Roxicodone, Oxecta, Hydrocodone, Methadone, Fentanyl, Morphine
Northern District of Ohio, Judge Dan A. Polster